- Participant enters into soothing space with soft nature sounds, soft lighting and natural decor and style.
- Smell and Feel and Fingertip Massage
- Multi-texture Path
- Mirror Station
- Art and Stickers and Re-arrange Plants
- Thermal Contrast and Hold & Squeeze
- Finger Stimulation
- Balance Boards
- Sensory Associations
- Smell and Slow Motion
- Blindfolded Shape Puzzles
- Desk (Sorting, writing, finger stimulation, etc.)
- Art and Music Relaxation Booth
Sensory Enrichment Spaces
Bring inside the natural benefits of the outside.
In Education, Sensory Enrichment Spaces enable students to learn more quickly and easily by exposing them to a variety of sensory stimulation’s not found in the classroom.
In Addiction, Sensory Enrichment Spaces enable faster recovery and healing by providing a soothing and stimulating environment for their brains.
Burnout is real for teachers, clinicians, frontline workers, etc. Let us re-design your staff room into an enrichment oasis, and give your team the energy and resilience they have been looking for.
Not your typical sensory rooms
More than exposing the individual to generic stimuli, Sensory Enrichment Rooms were created and designed by Mendability to trigger the mechanisms of brain plasticity and direct the surge of activity and growth to specific brain functions.
Sensory Enrichment therapy and Environmental Enrichment Spaces have been shown in clinical trials to be many times more effective than standard care and standard sensory environments.
- Woo CC, Leon M. Environmental enrichment as an effective treatment for autism: a randomized controlled trial. Behav Neurosci. 2013
- Woo CC, Donnelly JH, Steinberg-Epstein R, Leon M. Environmental Enrichment as a Therapy for Autism: A Clinical Trial Replication and Extension. Behav Neurosci. 2015
- Aronoff E, Hillyer R, Leon M. Environmental Enrichment Therapy for Autism: Outcomes with Increased Access. Neural Plast. 2016
- Bourdon, E., Belmin, J. Enriched gardens improve cognition and independence of nursing home residents with dementia: a pilot controlled trial. Alz Res Therapy. 2021
Sample Design - 20ft x 15ft
The above diagram represents a 300 sqft room design, with a series of therapy stations that correlate to specific protocols that have been developed and tested by Mendability.
Stations are easily adaptable to deliver multiple protocols. This room design can accommodate up to 6 clients and 3 accompanying professionals.