Designed to meet your needs
Your top 7
- Professional Development
- Security & Privacy
We have heard over and over that you just can’t put “one more thing” on the plates of your teachers BUT here is what the teachers who are using the program are saying:
- “I have a whole extra hour I didn’t have before!”
- “Children used to take half an hour to get situated now they settle down in minutes”
- “They are ready to learn after the special morning start, their academic focus is there they are ready to learn”
Tier 1: Sensory Start System
- Prepare the room ahead of class
- Helps the students settle and get ready to engage within minutes, instead of half an hour
Tier 2-3: Full Program
- Daily sessions
- Short hands-on activities (30 to 90 seconds per student)
- Up to 5 activities per session
- One-on-one or in groups
We know that special educators are under continual pressure to do more with less
We know that one size doesn't fit all
Each class gets its own tailored stimulation program to address the unique issues of its students.
- Mood regulation
- Social skills
- Fine motor skill
Sample baseline data for a special education classroom. From such a baseline, we prescribe a customized set of protocols that changes every two to three weeks. All the students follow the same protocols.
We can prove it's not snake oil!
Sensory Enrichment Therapy comes from the neuroscience field of environmental enrichment, which studies the impact of new and varied experiences on brain development and brain function.
Over the years, the program was developed to help induce an elevated state of plasticity in the brain, increase connectivity between brain functions, etc.
Mendability’s proprietary and evidence-based treatment modality has been shown in clinical trials to greatly improve the learning abilities of children with developmental disorders.
In randomized control trials, children who added Sensory enrichment to their existing programs for 6 months were 6X more likely to improve by 5 points or more on CARS (Childhood Autism Rating Scale)
Additionally, 21% of the children in the enrichment group of the clinical trials fell below the autism cut-off on the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) after 6 months, compared to none in the group who did standard care alone.
- Woo CC, Leon M. Environmental enrichment as an effective treatment for autism: a randomized controlled trial. Behav Neurosci. 2013
- Woo CC, Donnelly JH, Steinberg-Epstein R, Leon M. Environmental Enrichment as a Therapy for Autism: A Clinical Trial Replication and Extension. Behav Neurosci. 2015
- Aronoff E, Hillyer R, Leon M. Environmental Enrichment Therapy for Autism: Outcomes with Increased Access. Neural Plast. 2016
Sensory Enrichment Therapy is an evidence-based program to:
- Stimulate brain plasticity
- Boost learning abilities
- Increase attention
We know they enjoy it!
Every class that starts also enrolls in a friendly competition. They earn points for consistency and fidelity. There are prizes both for levelling up and for winning.
Not only does it work, but everyone loves doing it.
We teach everyone how to do it!
(Even the janitor)
In just 30 minutes, your class can be all trained and set up to do their first Sensory Start Session.
This is our most popular free training.
In about an hour, we show you how you can de-escalate a meltdown in less than a minute, using some of the most powerful and fundamental principles of Sensory Enrichment.
We will also show you examples of the protocols we have used in schools to help improve reading and math, as well as attention and behavior regulation.
Click here to request training for your classroom.
When you purchase our Sensory Enrichment Program, we don’t just leave you to figure things out on your own. We become your partners.
As partners, part of our role is to keep coaching you on techniques to implement with your class. This typically include 3 live 1-hour group training sessions over a period of 3 months. (lunch/refreshments included)
Everyone who can should receive at least the 1-hour crash course on Sensory Enrichment so that the protocols make sense.
We also have a 6-hour training course and a 10-hour training course, depending on the level of involvement in the program.
All these courses can be taken online at your own pace, by watching videos and answering quizzes.
We take care of keeping all stakeholders in the loop
Keeping everyone in the loop can be a chore. Our software automates most of the reporting and communication for you.
- Automated reports for parents and directors
- Direct SMS support for teachers and paraprofessionals
Security and Privacy
We exceed all safety requirements