Sensory Enrichment Therapy Certification – June 17-19, 2016 – Mumbai, India
This 3 day on-site and 3 month off-site Sensory Enrichment Therapy (SET) certification course is specifically designed for any practitioner in the fields of therapy, social work, psychology, medicine, nursing, etc. to learn how to apply SET, and to work with the proprietary technology surrounding the application of the therapy.
Registration for this certification program is limited to 20 spots minimum and 40 spots maximum per venue to ensure personal attention.
This 3 day on-site and 3 month off-site Sensory Enrichment Therapy (SET) certification course is specifically designed for any practitioner in the allied health fields, including therapy, social work, psychology, medicine, nursing, etc. This course will teach you how to apply SET and work with the proprietary technology surrounding the application of the therapy.
Participants must have a master’s level of education or higher, OR a bachelor’s degree in a related field of practice with 10 or more years of experience within their field of practice.
This course consists of lecture and some practical lab applications of SET. Participants are expected to bring their own laptop computer to download pertinent therapy support programs and research documents.
Upon certification, participants will be able to:
- Explain the history, background, and research surrounding SET.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomical, physiological, and neurochemical processes of the brain as it pertains to SET.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the technology, templates, accounts, and automation of the Mendability platform for professional accounts.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the exercises.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the worksheet generation system.
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning for exercise adaption for individual client circumstances (done over the 3 months after the on-site training).
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of SET modality vs. partnership models.
- Complete a needs assessment of your facility.
- Demonstrate ethical and responsible methods while utilizing your chosen model within your setting.
Greg Wootton MOT, OTR/L
Greg joined Mendability in the spring of 2014 after serving as the Director of Therapy Operations at Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern New Mexico and Advanced Care Hospital of Southern New Mexico. He also was the Director of Occupational Therapy at the Utah State Hospital.
Greg has many years of experience in the area of occupational therapy and neurological rehabilitation. He has been an adjunct Professor of Occupational Therapy at the University of Utah as well as having been involved with legislation and promotion of Occupational Therapy at the state and federal levels.
As this is an international course, registration is limited to 20 spots minimum and 40 spots maximum. A check or credit card must accompany the registration through the website. If the course does not have the minimum number of participants of 10, the course may be canceled. You will be given at least 2 weeks notice if the course is going to be canceled.
Group Discounts Available
For group of three or more, contact us for a discounted fee.
If you choose to cancel your registration, you must do it no later than 2 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. If you cancel within the 2 week period of time, you will be reimbursed 70% of your registration cost.